What You’ll Need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 fresh eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven for 425 degrees
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit
- Scoop out about 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so that the egg will fit snugly in the center
- Crack an egg in each avocado half ensuring that the yolk gets in first, then fill the rest of the free space with the egg white
- Season with salt and pepper (and maybe even a little red pepper for some added spice)
- Place the avocados on a baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes (mine took exactly 17 minutes to bake to perfection)
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
This meal will cost you about 400 calories and will provide you with plenty of healthy fats to kick start your day! It’s low in sodium and sugar and is high in fiber, protein and selenium. A half serving was plenty for me so if you’re counting your calories, share the other half with someone you love!