They say a picture is worth a thousand words but no one ever says how a picture is worth a thousand sounds. I am here to prove to you that this should very well be just as popular of a saying.
The following images show that a picture is capable of encouraging the viewer to imagine the sounds associated with the moment captured. As you look through these photos, be sure to envision the potential sounds that could possibly be generated in these moments and I can promise you there won’t only be one.
For one moment in time, there lives a thousand possibilities for potential noise.
2. Numerous tents at the 2013 International Camping Festival in Mount Wugongshan of Pingxiang, China, September 14, 2013. The event attracted more than 15,000 campers from all over the world, according to local news agencies (Credit: Business Insider)
3. Numerous tents at the 2013 International Camping Festival in Mount Wugongshan of Pingxiang, China, September 14, 2013. The event attracted more than 15,000 campers from all over the world, according to local news agencies (Credit: Business Insider)
4. A visitor from Japan reacts to a therapist’s touch during a mass foot-reflexology session at the Taipei Arena, July 1, 2008. The tourism bureau of Taiwan looked to break the Guinness World Record of “Most people receiving reflexology/foot massage simultaneously” with 2,000 participants undergoing 20 minutes of reflexology treatment together (Credit: Business Insider)
5. A color run
6. A group of people, known as castellers, start to form a human tower, called a castell, during a biannual competition in Spain, October 5, 2014. The formation of human towers is a tradition in the area of Catalonia (Credit: Business Insider)
7. People fight with pillows during International Pillow Fight Day at Heroes Square in Budapest on April 4, 2015 (Credit: Business Insider)
8. Students at University of St Andrews in Scotland participated in the school’s “raisin weekend” tradition, where first-year students give older students foam to thank them for their guidance (Credit: popsugar.com)
9. Vancouver riots, Canada-
After the Canucks lost to the Boston Bruins at the 2011 Stanley Cup, Vancouver hockey fans took to the streets to riot…and this couple was left in the aftermath (Credit: Matador Network)
10. Occupy Gezi, Istanbul, Turkey- May 2013, anti-development protesters occupied Gezi Park in Istanbul, Turkey. This protester quickly became famous for playing accordion to keep morale of the occupiers up (Credit: Matador Network)
11. Stormy Shore
Strong winds hit the Philippines, and waves slammed against a seawall, as Typhoon Haiyan struck the coast (Credit: popsugar.com)
Skaters hit the ice rink for the men’s 1500-meter preliminaries during the Samsung ISU Short Track World Cup in Turin, Italy (Credit: popsugar.com)