The warmer days sneaking in this winter have led me to casually consider wearing my favorite sundresses and sandals. It also has me dreaming of locations like the Hawaiian Islands, the Florida Panhandle, and sunny Southern California. Sure NJ’s temperature may have reached above 50 on a few occasions this season, but let’s be realistic – anything above 45 feels like a summer breeze when you’ve been mentally checked in to winter weather mode.
Since I can’t actually be at a beach right now, or wear the summer attire I desire- I feel as though reminiscing on my beach essentials will be a close second. Plus, it’s always best to think about these things ahead of time so when that first summer day sneaks up on you, you’ll be more than ready to soak it all in.
My 5 Beach Essentials
- My Favorite Cover Up: This Free People “slip” is the perfect beach cover up. Don’t let the word “slip” scare you! The delicate lace detail is super pretty
and also allows you to show off a sneak peak of your suit underneath.
- My sunscreen: Let’s be real. There’s nothing sexy about getting sunscreen rubbed on you when you’re all hot and sweaty. Throw in some sand and salt water and it doesn’t even feel close to an actual massage at the spa. Banana Boat’s SPF 30 Ultra Mist sunscreen is so easy to apply and even cools and refreshes as you do. No rubbing in necessary and this easy method will keep you more inclined to stay protected after each dip in the ocean.
- My sunnies: The sunglass trends may change as quickly as the beach breeze blows on your face, but one thing is for sure- the aviator is always in style. And if for some strange reason it’s not, it’s sure to come back. My favorite sunnies right now are the Ray Ban Gradient Blue Aviators in a gold frame. They just so happen to be last season’s so get them on sale now!
- My tunes: Listening to the sound of the waves is nice, for a little while. But having good music is imperative to keeping the energy up and chill vibe on all day. My portable speaker of choice is Tumi’s because it’s the only blue tooth speaker I’ve heard to produce great quality sound and also has a battery bank for re-charging your cell phone. No more stressing about playing music and running out of juice! Also, if you’re not exactly taking a “sick” day, you can use this device for conference calls on the go! After all, is it really work if your toes are in the sand?
- My beach bag: The Tumi Voyageur Vallarta Utility Bag is my favorite bag for the beach. It’s got tons of room for packing everything I need listed above and keeps it all nice and organized. The straps in the front are perfect for hanging a wet towel at the end of the day or for bringing your yoga mat along for a peaceful stretch by the sea. The hidden wet pocket on the bottom is great for storing your wet bathing suit before your trip home. Plus this bag is water resistant and very durable so the beach elements don’t stand a chance.
The first chance I get, I’m packing these up, grabbing my favorite Tumi Carry-On and heading to my all-time favorite beach. Sure, “The Baths” in the Virgin Gorda may not be the most convenient beach day trip, but if you haven’t had the chance to go, I’d encourage you put it on your travel to-do list! If I could go to any beach right this moment, this would be my #1 choice. I love it so much, I’ve been there twice and wouldn’t hesitate to go back.